CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, August 10, 2009

Not Me Monday



Welcome to Not Me! Monday. This Blog Carnival was created by MckMama and gives us a chance to deny all of our shortcomings as mothers. Feeling guilty because you allowed your child to eat ice cream before lunch, or didn't give him or her a bath after a dip in the pool? Well join in on this blog carnival and deny that you are imperfect.

A few weeks ago, I did not think it was a good idea to attempt to get my and Austin's hair cut at the same time. I did not think that my child could sit in the chair and allow someone to cut his hair while someone else cut mine. My child did not pitch a subsequent fit that was so bad the poor elderly women getting their hair set had to remove their hearing aids. Austin's screams were not loud enough to make their hearing aids ring. We did not leave the salon with only my hair cut and we did not have to return the next day to try to get Austin's hair cut again.

I did not take Austin to the local water park three days in a row last week. I did not wear him out intentionally so he would take a decent nap. He is not growing out of naps and always lays down and sleeps without question. I did not lose 6 lbs because he is so full of energy and running after him is not exhausting. He did not swim the length of the lazy river 4 times while I floated on a tube next to him. All of this swimming did not phase him one bit and he was not running like the wind as soon as I forced him out of the river.

My mother-in-law did not send us a box of clothes for Austin this weekend. I did not try the size 5 shirts on my 4 year old son only to discover that they were too small. We did not end up exchanging them for SIZE SEVENS. My son is not ridiculously large for his age and I'm not worried one bit about him being scouted for linebacker as soon as he enters Middle School. I am not nervous one bit about tackle football at all. I am one of those cool and calm mammas and put full trust in the protective gear.

There you have it. Those are all the things I haven't done. Hope you enjoyed reading. Take the opportunity to read around on my blog and if you enjoy it, please join me as a follower!

No comments:

Post a Comment