CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

How I Got Here...

It occurred to me early this morning that I am beginning to have followers on my blog. Followers that I know in real life, followers I do not know in real life. I think it's kind of amazing how fast word travels via the internet and how cool it is to be able to reach people with a blog like this one. Not everyone knows me, and there are a few things I would like to share.

I am soon to be 31 years old. I have been married to my husband for 9 years now and we've been together for 10. I met him online back in the dark ages of AOL Dial Up in the Christian Singles Chat Room. You know a match up is destined by God when it happens in a chat room. I was procrastinating on a Unit Plan for one of my classes and fooling around. Then a guy IM'ed me and from there it's history. I've never regretted procrastinating on that paper! We met online July 5, 1999 and by July 21, 2000 we were married. We had our son Austin a few months before our 5ht anniversary. I am going to begin my tenth year of teaching school in just a few weeks. I can't believe it's been that long, but it has. I teach ESE (aka Special Education), I go into the regular classroom and provide extra support to the kids with learning and emotional disabilities. My day is never dull and I certaintly can't say I have a boring job. My husband works in the Underwriting Department of a large Property Insurance Company. I can thank the mess that our state is in regarding property insurance for my husband's job security. We are blessed that neither of us are concerned about our jobs in this economy. Our son Austin will be attending 4 year old Kindergarten this fall. I had to search long and hard to find a school that would teach him to read while not bankrupting us. We have a very smart child on our hands and are not sure if in the future he will be declared "gifted" or not. I am really not concerned about the label as much as I want to keep him challenged.

The most important part about me is that I am a believer in Jesus Christ. I am not perfect, and every day I have to remember that I need to be more like Christ and less like me. God had taught me a lot over the years. I used to be very judgmental, and I think I was that way for a lot of reasons, but the reasons don't matter. The fact of the matter is that it is wrong to be judgmental. I have firm convictions about what I believe, however I am not going to condem anyone for disagreeing with my convictions. Remember--I'm not perfect, so I have no place in elevating myself above someone else. We attend church every Sunday, go to Bible Study classes on Wednesday night and try our best to do family devotions regularly. Are we perfect with those things? Absolutely not. But with God's grace we are growing to be more like Him and learn each day how to improve. I'm not so sure about putting super specific things on here about where we live, so if you want to know about our church, email me for a link to the website. We like our church a lot, and I am convinced we weren't led there by accident at all.

I started this blog because I want to share savings with everyone. I started telling others that I had saved here and there and everyone wanted to know what I was doing. So I decided to post the blog so I can refer people here. Since starting the blog and beginning to understand the blogosphere, I have started to dream. I have a little dream that I will generate enough traffic on this blog that I can justify placing ads on the sidebars. With the proceeds from the ads, I would like to donate the profits (which would be all of it) to the local crisis pregnancy center that my church supports. Since becoming a mother, I have learned to appreciate the importance of supporting a woman in crisis who is expecting a child. We'll see if the traffic increases and where it goes, but that's my dream.

Lastly, this is a positive blog. Please, if you are reading this and for whatever reason you don't like my openness about my beliefs or my choices in motherhood or anything else for that matter, please move on. I am not putting this information out here so I can be bashed. I've seen a lot of that online, so I really want to avoid it. I can promise you I won't post anything negative on your blog, no matter what I think. So please return the favor.

So there you have it... now you know who I am. Leave a comment and tell me about you!

No comments:

Post a Comment