CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

More Slow Cooker Recipes

Scroll down to my previous post to see more about my slow cooking ways...

Pre-made Frozen Meatballs
There are literally hundreds of meatball recipes out there. In fact, you may have one you love. When I buy that huge tube of lean ground beef at Sam's Club, I take a large portion of it and make meatballs. This is how I make mine:
Ground Beef
Salt and Pepper
Bread Crumbs
Egg(s)
Italian Seasoning
Garlic Powder
I mix it up and make meatballs. Then I put them on a plate so they aren't touching. I put them in my freezer and freeze them. Yes, I freeze them raw. Then after they are frozen I put them in freezer bags. Sometimes I have to do this a few times. It helps to put saran wrap on your plate before you put the meatballs down as it's easier to remove them.
You can put the meatballs in the crock pot and do whatever you'd like to them and let them cook on low all day. You can add spaghetti sauce, alfredo sauce, cream of mushroom soup, cream of cheese soup, etc. You can make sweet and sour meatballs, or any other meatball recipe you can google. You can serve them on hogie rolls or with pasta. Boiling pasta or rice when you get home makes the meal very simple. and the family will be pleased.

Slow Cooker Lasagna
This is a huge hit in my home. I rarely have time to make a lasagna. This makes it simple. Serve with a salad and garlic bread and you have dinner. This recipe is from the Kraft Foods website.
1 lb ground beef, cooked
1 jar spaghetti sauce
1 cup water
15oz Ricotta Cheese
Mozzarella Cheese, grated (about 1 lb will do)
1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese
1 egg
Lasagna Noodles

Brown the meat. Stir in spaghetti sauce and water. Seperately combine the ricotta, mozarella (reserve some for the top), egg and parmesan. Layer as follows: sauce--noodles--cheese--noodles--cheese--sauce. Cook on low 4-6 hours. When you get home put the remaining mozzarella on top and turn the crock on high just until the cheese is melted. Serve.

Slow Cooker Italian Beef Sandwiches
Beef Broth
Salt, Pepper, Italian Seasoning, Garlic Powder
Chuck Roast
1 package Dry Italian Dressing mix
Cheese of your choice
Good Sandwich Rolls

Combine everything above except the cheese and rolls. Cook on low for 8 hours. Shred the beef when you get home. Put it on the rolls and then put your cheese on top of the meat. Melt under the broiler. Serve with veggies, salad, or chips. Yum.

Italian Sausage and Potatoes
5 or 6 Italian Sausage Links cut in chunks
Onion Soup Mix
1 can Beef Broth
2 small onions, quartered
3-4 potatoes cut in chunks
Water (about 1 can)
Dump everything in the crock pot. Cook on low for 8 hours. Serve.

There are several other resources you can use to find Crock Pot recipes that work for you. Here are a few:

I do have more ideas. More recipes coming soon!

1 comment:

  1. Might try that lasagna. It's high time my slow cooker saw the light of day again!  ツ

    ReplyDelete